Wednesday, February 16, 2011

lluvia lluvia desaparece

It's been a little while since my last post but classes have been going well and this weekend was really fun! Over the weekend we went out every night and tried a bunch of new places. We started it out right by going straight to the rio after class for mojitos and then on Thursday night we started at a place called Bar Long Island which I loved...mainly because of the name..they had free sangria for girls so I took full advantage of that and they had a different shot for each state...don't ask me why but I ended up doing a Connecticut instead of a New York..it was pretty good and now I just have an excuse to go back and try the New York! After that we went to a club called Boss on Calle Betis which was soo much fun...at first there was this weird whiny Spanish rock band but then a DJ started playing American music and a bunch of girls (including Kerry the birthday girl) got up on stage and started dancing...Kerry may or may not have grabbed the microphone lol...We got home at our usual ungodly hour of about 430...the next night was just as fun and we tried a club called Bandalai...it was a little bit of a walk and after being shooed away from the entrance that led to a private party we went around back where the bouncers tried to charge us ten euro to get in...I quickly solved this problem by refusing to pay and shouting PERO SOMOS BONITAS...(but we're pretty) and somehow it worked....after several free shots of caramel vodka (which is really popular here) and Erin winning a dance off...we called it a night...Saturday night was a lot more low key, we went out to dinner at a Tex Mex place which was pretty interesting...definitely not like American Tex Mex but then again we are in Spain so I don't know what I was expecting...later we tried to go to Botellon at a new place, Plaza de San Salvador but we were foiled by the cops...instead we ended up at a bar called Lone Star Bar that was Texas themed (much to the delight of Miss Brittney Bell) All in all the weekend was a success and on Sunday the rain started...but that did not stop us from jumping at the chance to go to a Spanish rock concert when our host family invited us...it was right around the corner in a really cute bar and the main guitarist was the novio of our host sister...halfway through the concert some man who was apparently a Spanish television star named Pipe jumped up on stage and sang a few numbers... its been raining pretty much since then which is a bummer but most days there are at least a few hours of sun and next week is supposed to be beautiful....I didn't mind the rain yesterday since without it we wouldn't have seen the beautiful rainbow on our way to teach ninos English in a poorer neighborhood called La Bachillera...though we didnt get to meet any ninos yesterday we are going to teach them every Tuesday night for the rest of the semester...In other news I booked a trip to Lagos Portugal in April!!! and my parents get here tomorrow so this weekend I'll be going to Granada with API and to Marbella and Ronda with my parents...I'm so excited now its time for pictures and some examples of the funny Spanish slip ups we've been having lately...

Kerry did her nails with my mint colored nail polish...Fina said ooh I like your "pistacho"...meaning pistachio colored nails...but we all thought that pistacho was the word for polish and ended up saying "ohh yeah that's my nail pistachio" and "I love painting my nails with pistachios"

Same night..we had what we thought were hamburgers but were really made out of chicken...so when Kerry tried to say "Pollo no tiene demasiado grasa" meaning Chicken doesn't have as much fat....She accidentally said "Pollo no tiene bastante grasa" meaning chicken doesn't have enough fat....Fina was not amused

spanish rock starssss

cute pic of the roomies

ARCOIRIS!

host sis, host mom and roomies!

No comments:

Post a Comment